Monday, October 24, 2011

Visit to Chattanooga Cupcakes Drive-Thru

I love going into bakeries, especially cute little cupcakes bakeries that seem to pop up everywhere (even if I don't really get to go in them as much as I would like to). This is Chattanooga Cupcakes second store. I've never been to the first store they have downtown, but I would love to someday! We went at 7:30 PM, and the drive-thru was totally spooky at the side and back of the building the bakery is in. You can go inside the bakery, but I just have to be difficult. They have a very yummy menu! We went on a Saturday and they have a 'regular' menu and then five other cupcakes they serve on specific days. I know it could be expensive to serve all sorts of cupcakes every day, but that's the only thing that really disappoints me about cupcake bakeries. They tempt me with flavors I can't have on the day I'm there! They also say they are a 'from-scratch' bakery, which I like. The customer service was perfect as well. The price was like any other cupcake place and was $3.28 with tax. In my opinion, I really hate paying almost $4 for a single cupcake and I guess that's why I hardly ever go into cupcake bakeries (as much as I would love to).

IMG_0718

Now, I love frosting. But not so much that I want two cups worth of frosting on top of my cupcake. There needs to be that perfect balance of cake to frosting. I opted this time to get the red velvet cupcake, which I've always been hesitate to get due to the fact I don't understand the hype of red velvet. I've made a few red velvet cakes myself, and they just don't pop out as one of my favorites. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? So, I get home with my cupcake and can't wait to dig in. The first I notice...two cups of frosting on my cupcake. I mean, a massive amount. I dip my tongue in to get a small amount of frosting to try. The frosting was a yummy cream cheese with red sanding sugar sparingly sprinkled on top. I try to eat my cupcake with the frosting on top, and eventually it just becomes too much and I almost put my dog into sugar coma with the handful of frosting I ended up giving him. I know, shame on me. He wanted some SO bad, though! The cupcake, sadly, wasn't something I'd go tell everyone to go out and buy. I wish I would have gone with the chocolate/chocolate combo. The cake was incredibly crumbly. Something I shouldn't have eaten in bed while watching a movie. It got everywhere. I wouldn't mind going back to try something more exciting, so maybe you'll see more on Chattanooga Cupcakes!

Maybe some day I'll find that perfect red velvet that will get me hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment