Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Strawberry Vanilla Chip Cookie-ish Muffin Top Things

I've been thinking about making some cookies. It's something I haven't made in a very, very long time. And given the fact that I've signed up for the 2011 Cookie Swap, I need to up my cookie skills! I have plenty of cookie ingredients just waiting to be used!

I think for Christmas I might ask for some good quality cookie baking sheets and a Silpat or two. I see everyone using them, and I want one!

So, my intentions were to honestly make cookies. I wanted a chewy, amazing, summery cookie. What did I do wrong? I probably shouldn't have used frozen strawberries. Instead of dicing them myself, I stuck them in my blender on 'chop'. It just turned to yummy strawberry mush. It made my cookie batter really thin and runny.

My mom recently gave me two muffin top pans. She said she bought them, never used them, and never really planned to. New pans? Something I've never used before? I'll take it. I'm one of those people who go to stores during their 50% holiday sales and buy one of each cake pan.

I decided to take a recipe for white chocolate macadamia cookies (which is what I want to make someday soon..) I found on Tasty Kitchen and just change it a little bit.

IMG_0813
The ingredients you need! I remembered everything this time around.

IMG_0814
Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together. Enjoy the shadows? Yeah. I need to learn how to take photos.

IMG_0815
Sugars and butter combined and mixed well.

IMG_0816
Adding the rest of the wet ingredients, making it sloppy.

I kind of like this photo. I don't know. I just like it.

IMG_0817
Adding in the flour mixture. At this stage, you can tell the dough is...still runny. Maybe I really did do something wrong, but I wouldn't imagine it holding up incredibly well. I'll never know until I make it again (properly).

IMG_0818
After adding in the chips and strawberries, it became..this runny stuff! I thought it would still hold well and bake some yummy cookies. I did bake one batch like this, and the cookies came out very cakey but still so good. That's when I decided to make muffin top things!

IMG_0827
This is a BAD picture of the final product. You can see my edges are too brown. It's my oven. I broke it a while back. It caught on fire, and it'll never be the same again. It's so time for a new one, right? Maybe for Christmas...

These are so good. You might be weird-ed out but they're good.

Strawberry Vanilla Chip Cookie-ish Muffin Top Thingies
Recipe adapted by: Tasty Kitchen

1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 whole egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups vanilla chips
1 cup strawberries puree


Staple Item
Staple Item
$.26
$.75
$.22
$.10
$.15
$.11
$.11
$2.00
$.60


If an item says it's a staple item that means that I used so little of the full product that it wasn't worth the math to figure out each teaspoon, etc. Haha.

Total Price of Meal: $4.30

1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Cut out parchment rounds to fit each cavity in the muffin top pans.

2. Sift together the baking soda, salt and flour. Set aside.

3. In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter and the sugars until well blended. Add in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk and mix well until light and creamy.

4. Mix in the flour mixture until just blended. Stir in the vanilla chips and the strawberries by hand using a wooden spoon.

5. Drop cookie dough using an ice cream scooper onto the prepared muffin top pans.

6. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown. Cool on a cooling rack a few minutes after they have been taken out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment