Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Opinion of Hooters Restaurant

Well, I haven't been able to post in a few days. It's been hectic around here, and too many things are going on! To be honest, I haven't even cooked anything for the past four nights! Tomorrow I need to get back on track. Today was totally my lazy day and I spent what little extra money I had to get pizza. I know, it's pretty sad.

So, to keep you up to date on everything, I thought I'd give you my opinion of Hooters restaurant. My husband's birthday was recently and it's where he wanted to go. Do you know why he wanted to go? Because it's somewhere I wouldn't want him to go. Yes, I am one of those women who does not want their husband to have an excuse to look at other women. The only thing that made it worse was our waitress was standing at our table whenever she was 'bored' and starting at my brother and my husband. Excuse me? Do I need to tell you to leave?

I'm not mean. I promise. She was kind of nice, I guess. And she did have hooters. Isn't that why people go there? Maybe I've always had a bad idea of Hooters because of how they portray the people that work there. It is a sports bar, I suppose. But I also thought it was meant for families, too? I have no idea. There were a lot of kids everywhere.

So? How was the food? The seating? The noise? The noise was expected due to the TVs blaring sports and the place was pretty crowded, and noise doesn't ever really bother me since we're one of THOSE families who are laughing so hard everyone can hear it and making jokes and trying to enjoy ourselves. The only time my family can get together and have a decent time is around the dinner table. When my brother and I were growing up, we didn't ever even sit at our own dinner table so going out to eat wasn't something we did too often.

The seating? Does Hooters not want people to stay very long? Bar stools. For every table. Really? Can I get a normal chair? At least have selections of booths against the walls with bar stool tables in the middle or something. Every one of us said we would have had a better time if our butts weren't starting to feel cramped due to the seats. Is that every Hooters?

The food...I've heard mixed reviews. I've heard people say the food is great, some will say the food is not so great. The five of us shared 50 wings, and 3 appetizers. I wanted to try fried pickles for the first time. They have to use bread and butter pickles because those things...were NOT good. We got boneless wings, half naked and half with hot sauce. We wanted to each get different sauces and dip them. None of the sauces were that great in my opinion. The wings looked totally weird.

114

All in all, I'd give them a 3.5 out of 10. It was a place all of us said we wouldn't want to go back to. Not even to stare at the Hooters.

Oh, and I made my husband a cake. He wanted an Australian recipe that I couldn't find with American measurements. I don't think I weighed it right. It came out super crumbly and not too great. =o[ Anyone have a good American version of Marble Mud Cake?

115
My cake decorating skills needs improving. Much.

No comments:

Post a Comment